Is your mother tongue known worldwide?

Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

Brazilian Portuguese is mainly spread through music, I guess (through soap operas in Portugal), and I know a lot of people want to learn it because of Capoeira. I've also heard it sounds sexy to foreign ears. What about your own language?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined1/8/2022LocationUA
Native
Russian, Ukrainian
Learning English, Korean, Spanish

Ukrainian is one of the spreadest Slavic languages in the world, also it is one of the most melodious. I wish more people would speak it

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Nat.Kovalenko wrote:
Ukrainian is one of the spreadest Slavic languages in the world, also it is one of the most melodious. I wish more people would speak it

Do you find that a lot more westerners are learning it now?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined1/8/2022LocationUA
Native
Russian, Ukrainian
Learning English, Korean, Spanish

leosmith wrote:

Nat.Kovalenko wrote:

Do you find that a lot more westerners are learning it now?

Haven't researched that, but I guess so

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/8/2022Location

Yes. Language is an integral part of your culture. Concepts that are important to you country are often integrated well into your language, such as the Dutch concept of gezellig.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/8/2022Location

ayush.bund wrote:
Yes. Language is an integral part of your culture. Concepts that are important to you country are often integrated well into your language, such as the Dutch concept of gezellig.

https://www.routerlogin.net/

pikashow

Posted 
    Feedback