fixed - Display issue in Thai on Android

Posts2Likes2Joined14/12/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning French, Indonesian, Thai

I've noticed that some Thai words on the Android app are only displaying their first 1 or two characters. I'm on Android 9.

You can see here that the word displays in three different ways, with the bottom way being correct:

I pressed the "copy to clipboard" button, and the copied text didn't contain the line break.

It seems to be mostly affecting words that have certain diacritical marks over their final character.

The first is the one in these words: ใช้, ได้, ให้, แม้

The second is the one in these words: สัตว์, ประสงค์

Thai has several other diacritics that don't seem to cause any issue.

Rarely, this issue will occur with a word that doesn't have either of those two symbols, but I can fix it by adjusting the font size. However this causes other words to have the issue. When this happens, it appears in the detailed lookup box as normal, not split in half.

I uploaded some other screenshots if they'd be useful here: https://imgur.com/a/mS05oTN

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks - this is a known issue, and the ticket is currently in work.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Donkey.Kong wrote:
I've noticed that some Thai words on the Android app are only displaying their first 1 or two characters
I think this is fixed now. Please confirm.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts2Likes2Joined14/12/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning French, Indonesian, Thai

It's fixed on my device. Thanks to whoever fixed it!

Posted 
    Feedback