Reading tool shows empty page after importing text

Posts7Likes6Joined27/8/2020LocationCA
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Thai

I'm trying to import some Thai text into the reading tool, but it's not working this time. It just shows an empty page after importing.

If I click the Edit button it shows the text properly in the editor.

I've tried deleting the passage and recreating it, but it still does the same thing.

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Edit - it looks like you were able to create the passage. How did you do it?

Sorry about that - ticket written. Can you tell me exactly what steps you took in creating this passage? Also, what OS/browser?

In the Philippines now.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Thai

Nice to see that it's working now. I didn't do anything to get it to work. I didn't realize it was working until I read your reply.

It was giving me the same problem with the Android app as well as Firefox on Linux.

The steps were:

1. Click Create Passage on the My Passages page (and I also tried from my เจ้าชาย​น้อย​ course page under My Courses)
2. Entered the title "เจ้าชาย​น้อย​ chapter 03"
3. Chose Thai for the language
4. Pasted the passage text
5. Clicked the Course button and chose my เจ้าชาย​น้อย​ course
6. Unchecked the checkbox to make it public
7. Clicked the "Save and open" button

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks for providing that info. We'll try to recreate it. Question - did the one with invisible text all of the sudden become visible again, or did you just recreate that passage?

In the Philippines now.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Thai

The first time that the text didn't show up I deleted the passage altogether. The second time that I created the passage the text didn't show up either, but I didn't delete it and eventually it worked after many hours.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Osdz.Voh wrote:
The first time that the text didn't show up I deleted the passage altogether. The second time that I created the passage the text didn't show up either, but I didn't delete it and eventually it worked after many hours.

Ok, thanks

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Thai

I'm having the same issue again with a new passage I just created. It doesn't seem to matter whether I create the passage inside or outside of a course, or whether I use Firefox or Chrome. The text just doesn't show up after clicking "Save and Open".

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Osdz.Voh wrote:
I'm having the same issue again with a new passage I just created. It doesn't seem to matter whether I create the passage inside or outside of a course, or whether I use Firefox or Chrome. The text just doesn't show up after clicking "Save and Open".
Ticket elevated.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

From the Tech team:

If it is just thai, try editing the passage by adding a space and saving. This will trigger another parsing

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Thai

Adding a space made it work. Thanks a lot!

Posted 
    Feedback