Hello everyone! Hallo alle!

Posts0Likes0Joined17/9/2019LocationMexico City / MX
Native
Spanish
Learning English, German

Hi! My name is Zaira. I am a language enthusiast interested in the language-learning process, primarily concerning my German studies. I want to study Physics in Germany but refuse to pay German lessons here in Mexico because I like going at my own peace without spending much money. And also because it is quite interesting to come with methods yourself.

I think languages come in a more diverse way than we think and are also important structures concerning expression and meaning. I am a musician and fond of maths, whose symbols and interpretations can be further discussed a lot too.

Anyway, I am happy to be here in the forums, it is an ideal place for me to discuss language-learning in general even if I am not taking lessons or teaching. I can learn a lot from people and will be glad to meet anyone who wants the same.

Viel spass!

Language shapes our view of the world.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Welcome Zairal! Normally I'd say you could hire a teacher here for skype lessons which would allow you to work at your own pace, but I'm a bit embarrassed to say we have no German teachers yet, haha. But we do have people learning German here, so you can ask questions in the forum or use the Reading tool to help you read passages you find on the internet, the Write and Correct tool if you want to write an essay or something, and Chat to look for a language exchange there. It's all free.  

(Anyone know any German teachers who might want to teacher here?)

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning English, German

It's ok! The reading tool will come handy as I have problems searching for adequate texts in German for me to practice. I will try later writing in Write and Correct as my German grammar also needs a lot of help. Thanks!

Posted 
Posts54Likes59Joined4/9/2019LocationCórdoba / AR
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Hi, Zaira! Welcome to the platform  

I’m studying German myself and also signed up just a few weeks ago. I noticed you are around a B2 as well so I don’t know if we’ll be able to correct each other all that much but I’m here if you want to discuss any grammar topics you may be having trouble with.

I hope we get some Germans looking to learn Spanish soon so we can start exchanging corrections with them.

¡Saludos desde Argentina!

Marcos

Edited 
Native
Spanish
Learning English, German

Hi Marcos! We may not be able to teach each other that well, but I am sure we can still exchange a lot of knowledge. I am looking forward to chat.

¡Saludos desde México!

Posted 
    Feedback