K-Drama Fever

Posts0Likes0Joined24/3/2021LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish

Am I the only one who wants to learn Korean because of K-Dramas? I learned few words and phrases by watching K-Drama. I think I will be learning Korean slangs if I take note of the common expressions.

Ericka

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I watch K-dramas almost every day, and they are my favorite Asian dramas. That is not the reason I learn Korean though. Do you have any favorites?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined23/3/2021LocationDavao / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish

erickajayne wrote:
Am I the only one who wants to learn Korean because of K-Dramas? I learned a few words and phrases by watching K-Drama. I think I will be learning Korean slangs if I take note of the common expressions.

I agree that exposure to Kdramas is one factor for your desire to learn the language. The same thing for me when I got exposed to Animes. I wanted to learn Nihongo. But when I got too busy to watch the latest anime hits ( or maybe I just outgrew it), my desire to learn Nihongo just went down my priority list.

- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

leosmith wrote:
I watch K-dramas almost every day, and they are my favorite Asian dramas. That is not the reason I learn Korean though. Do you have any favorites?

That's cute. What KDrama genre do you prefer to watch? I like fantasy, historical and romcom. Sometimes I get interested in some medical Kdrama- like BRAIN.

But my all-time favorite was Endless Love - Winter Sonata. It was such a hit back then that an Anime Version was created. And I believe that was the first Korean hit drama that captured a lot of Filipino audiences. And more Kdramas followed after that. hihi

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined24/3/2021LocationManila / PH
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Kdrama is a such a big thing right now. They're always trending on Netflix. I'm currently watching 100 Days My Prince. (?) Not sure if I get the title correctly.

A lot of people in the Philippines are picking up Korean words because of Kdrama fame. Words such as "Oppa" "Saranghae" and common Korean words have become integrated with our language. 

Faye

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

leosmith wrote:
I do! One of my favorites is called Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Ericka

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

july.lullalove wrote:
erickajayne wrote:
Am I the only one who wants to learn Korean because of K-Dramas? I learned a few words and phrases by watching K-Drama. I think I will be learning Korean slangs if I take note of the common expressions.

I agree that exposure to Kdramas is one factor for your desire to learn the language. The same thing for me when I got exposed to Animes. I wanted to learn Nihongo. But when I got too busy to watch the latest anime hits ( or maybe I just outgrew it), my desire to learn Nihongo just went down my priority list.
True! I think one person should have like a strong drive to learn language

Ericka

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

july.lullalove wrote:
leosmith wrote:

That's cute. What KDrama genre do you prefer to watch? I like fantasy, historical and romcom. Sometimes I get interested in some medical Kdrama- like BRAIN.
But my all-time favorite was Endless Love - Winter Sonata. It was such a hit back then that an Anime Version was created. And I believe that was the first Korean hit drama that captured a lot of Filipino audiences. And more Kdramas followed after that. hihi
Right! I remember when it aired in the PH, I was still a child but I watched it anyway and enjoyed it very much.

I am also into Romcom and I have a lot of favorites actually, Fight for my Way is one! Medical dramas are so good too. I recently watched Doctors and Hospital Playlist (and I am very much excited for season 2).

Ericka

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

[/quote] Right! I remember when it aired in the PH, I was still a child but I watched it anyway and enjoyed it very much.

I am also into Romcom and I have a lot of favorites actually, Fight for my Way is one! Medical dramas are so good too. I recently watched Doctors and Hospital Playlist (and I am very much excited for season 2).
[/quote]

Speaking of medical drama, I have watched some episodes of BRAIN but I haven't finished it yet. Will do that one I'll have more time :) 

Posted 
    Feedback