Request - add an internal SRS

Posts43Likes23Joined4/5/2020LocationGH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Swahili, Chinese - Cantonese

Thanks. Then since I'm already asking for a lot, I might as well ask for more: an inbuilt SRS to help with learning vocabulary. Exporting vocabulary is handy, but it doesn't export audio files. Also I'm lazy so it's nice to have everything in one place :p

???

Edited 
Posts32Likes18Joined8/6/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Dutch, Russian, Vietnamese

there is an option to export cards in a format that is easy for uploading to anki

- bbyj

Posted 
Posts1642Likes1094Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Animefangirl wrote:
Thanks. Then since I'm already asking for a lot, I might as well ask for more: an inbuilt SRS to help with learning vocabulary. Exporting vocabulary is handy, but it doesn't export audio files. Also I'm lazy so it's nice to have everything in one place :p
Sorry, I forgot to answer this. We've considered this in the past, and felt it would be too expensive. I can bring it up again, but how would you like it to behave exactly?

bbyj wrote:
there is an option to export cards in a format that is easy for uploading to anki
True, and one can add TTS using the Anki Awesome TTS addon.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Swahili, Chinese - Cantonese

I hadn't thought in detail about how it would behave, just something along the lines of Anki or Memrise that helps you remember words by showing them to you often. The option for exporting vocabulary right now doesn't come with audio, just a text file, which isn't too useful for Cantonese. But if there's a better way to export to Anki, I'd love to know that. I'm not sure what a TTS is or what the TTS addon does, since I usually use Memrise.

???

Edited 
Posts1642Likes1094Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Animefangirl wrote:
I hadn't thought in detail about how it would behave, just something along the lines of Anki or Memrise that helps you remember words by showing them to you often. The option for exporting vocabulary right now doesn't come with audio, just a text file, which isn't too useful for Cantonese. But if there's a better way to export to Anki, I'd love to know that. I'm not sure what a TTS is or what the TTS addon does, since I usually use Memrise.
TTS is text to speech - that's what the audio is when you select a word or sentence in a passage. If you export the text to anki using the export tool, you can install the Awesome TTS addon in your Anki, and tell this addon to automatically create TTS (audio) files in you anki cards. I don't know how Memrise works. Here is a video on how to export. 

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English

Thanks a zillion. I'll give it a try with my Cantonese vocab list tomorrow.

???

Posted 
    Feedback