Request for more input - Reading/Listening Statistics

Posts0Likes0Joined7/8/2018LocationES
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Statistics I would like to see:

My wishlist :)

- Words read daily, weekly, monthly and total

- Hours listened daily, weekly, monthly and total.

- Be able to set daily, weekly, monthly and/or total targets myself.

- Number of words learning (weekly, monthly etc).

- Number of words known (weekly, monthly etc)

Number of words learnt (moved from learning to known) (weekly, monthly, etc).

- Obviously a lovely graph of all the above would be great. A graph of stats is always a great motivator.

You could also add stats for reading and writing too if they are measurable.

The option to add in your own (outside of the program) reading, listening, writing and speaking time would be great too, it would allow users to keep all their stats in one place and obviously would create a base of regular active users on the site/app.

That's just my wishlist. I'd love to hear what others would wish for?

Learning Spanish very slowly :)

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Great idea for a thread. I think a stat page with graphs and all my languages would be nice. I hope to hear from others regarding statistics too. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Bex wrote:
You could also add stats for reading

You meant conversing here, right?

wrote:
The option to add in your own (outside of the program) reading, listening, writing and speaking time would be great too, it would allow users to keep all their stats in one place and obviously would create a base of regular active users on the site/app.

I agree. I think that we need to show stats from LT, stats from outside, and total. I want to keep some pure LT stats to motivate people to use this site. I'd like to implement some sort of a leader board too, as some people find this very motivating.

We have total lesson times feed the conversation stats, and essays feed the writing stats. That's one nice thing about having a diverse site like this.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Yes sorry I meant conversing. Then you have stats for all the 4 pillars of learning; reading, writing, listening and speaking.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

You guys planning on adding stats anytime soon? Just wondering or is it waaaaaay down on the to-do list?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

We've done the first step in creating stats - select your avatar in the upr rh corner>stats. Have you seen that?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Excellent. Any idea when I could expect to see some simple stats such as "total words read" and " total time listened"? Since I can already see the total for words learning, known etc in the reading tool section.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:
Any idea when I could expect to see some simple stats such as "total words read" and " total time listened"?

stats>reading>listened minutes exists, but stats>reading>total words read doesn't, so I'll write a ticket to add that stat.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

We just added total words read  

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Excellent, I can't get it to work in the drop down menu (the rest create a chart but not "total words read") but excellent anyway and I can at least see the rest of the stats now, which is great. 

Would it be possible to add "words read" total to the reading stats section at the bottom? So that I can see it as an overall statistic?

Posted 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

It should just start magically showing up after you use the reading tool again. It won't display when there isn't a value calculated and the calculation is dependant on using a bookmark or clicking 'i've read this passage' on the ones you've read.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Ok thanks :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined18/6/2019LocationSan Jose Del Monte / PH
Native
English
Learning Afrikaans, Cebuano, Chinese - Mandarin, Danish, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Spanish, Tagalog

I second this... I have found leaderboards and total words read to be highly motivating as well as total time listened. I find that if I don't have a listening tracker... I mostly read (since I read faster than I listen). 

Find me on Discord:

https://discord.gg/R4zepcA

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Clayton.Henderson wrote:
I second this... I have found leaderboards and total words read to be highly motivating as well as total time listened. I find that if I don't have a listening tracker... I mostly read (since I read faster than I listen).

You probably know this already, but in case others are wondering the leader board is on the home page and stats can be found by clicking your avatar in the upper right hand corner.

Posted 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

You can also see other peoples stats by clicking on the level badges that are dotted around the place.

Posted 
Posts55Likes44Joined26/12/2019LocationBE
Native
French
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, English, German, Japanese, Spanish

Do you read a passage only once? Is there a way to make reading the same passage more than once - adds to our stats for each reading?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Michel wrote:
Do you read a passage only once? Is there a way to make reading the same passage more than once - adds to our stats for each reading?

For total words read? We don't have a way of doing this right now, but a work-around would be to create a duplicate of the passage and mark it complete.

Posted 
Posts55Likes44Joined26/12/2019LocationBE
Native
French
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, English, German, Japanese, Spanish

leosmith wrote:
Michel wrote:

For total words read? We don't have a way of doing this right now, but a work-around would be to create a duplicate of the passage and mark it complete.

Yes, for total words read.  

I was hoping to reuse the button "I've finished reading this passage".

Anyway - stats are not that important to me.

For sure not worth duplicate for each reading.

Posted 
    Feedback