Other German

Which transmission would you prefer?

I like manual transmission :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

I've driven stick for most of my life but after learning to drive auto I must say that it's much easier on the feet and legs on long drives. A trip out of the city could take anywhere from two to seven hours, and that's not something you want to do with manual transmission.

Unless you're a real man. Hahaha. Oh well, I much prefer to use manual transmission. I like being in control of how the engine power is used.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Manual! I don't like automatic vehicles.

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

I like being in control of how the engine power is used.

YES!

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I learned with manual transition, but for me I would never buy a car with this kind of transmission. Yeah they got more power and stuff but man there are too many other things I have to pay attention while driving that I do not want to add more things to worry like shifting gears, while having to press the clutch and accelerator at the right times.:yum:

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationWien / AT
Native
French, German
Other Arabic - Standard, Japanese, Chinese - Cantonese

Automatic is better for daily traffic commute. But for that speed i prefer manual 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Phillip.Laplana wrote:

YES!

Ohkay, you're my new best friend. hahaha!  

I used to play a lot of Gran Turismo and it really influenced the way I drive. One day, I was out driving my old Civic, taking a curve at speed when I started to oversteer! This was unusual for a front wheel drive car. Out of instinct, I counter-steered, popped the clutch, shifted and pumped the gas pedal at high rev to get traction back. It was a beautiful four seconds of driving. You couldn't do that on an automatic. Sigh...

Then again, I once had to drive to Baguio with that same car. Mountain roads with bumper to bumper traffic on an incline. I really wished that I had an automatic at the time. You could smell everyone's burnt clutch for two miles. Hahahaha!

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined7/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Ari wrote:
I learned with manual transition, but for me I would never buy a car with this kind of transmission. Yeah they got more power and stuff but man there are too many other things I have to pay attention while driving that I do not want to add more things to worry like shifting gears, while having to press the clutch and accelerator at the right times.:yum:

Your explanation is reasonable. I laughed reading through it :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Phillip.Laplana wrote:

YES!

Makes alot of sense. Control is power

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Alex.M wrote:
Automatic is better for daily traffic commute. But for that speed i prefer manual

True. Manual if not well balanced on traffic, you will keep restarting the engine.

It has happened to me before.

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
I've driven stick for most of my life but after learning to drive auto I must say that it's much easier on the feet and legs on long drives. A trip out of the city could take anywhere from two to seven hours, and that's not something you want to do with manual transmission.
Unless you're a real man. Hahaha. Oh well, I much prefer to use manual transmission. I like being in control of how the engine power is used.

There is good control with manual transmission.

Posted 
    Feedback