Delayed - Typing on Phone's browser

Posts0Likes0Joined9/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Am not sure whether am the only one having this issue. When travelling, I login here using my Phone. For a better experience, I use android's 'Chrome broswer' since it have the option to see a 'desktop site' version of a website on a phone. The problem comes in when am typing something on the forum or chat etc. When I type something and then try to delete, the action becomes shitty. I delete, and the word retypes itself...i delete again and the same continue repeating itself time and again. I wish there was a way I could record and send the video showing that.

I love my pets.
Posted 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

The editor we're using for desktops/laptops doesn't typically work on the phones. It ends up behaving differently based on what software keyboard you have installed. The default samsung keyboard would work but the google,swiftkey,etc would not on android so we took the decision to reduce the functionality on mobiles in this case. We intend to revisit this in the future though.

Maybe we can fix what ever is making you want to see the desktop site version on the phone if it isn't to do with the editor itself.

Could you please describe the issues you have with the normal mobile view?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Dean wrote:
The editor we're using for desktops/laptops doesn't typically work on the phones. It ends up behaving differently based on what software keyboard you have installed.

Well Noted.

Dean wrote:

The default samsung keyboard would work but the google,swiftkey,etc would not on android so we took the decision to reduce the functionality on mobiles in this case.

Am using the default Huawei keyboard

Dean wrote:

We intend to revisit this in the future though.

That would be great, looking forward to it.

Dean wrote:
Maybe we can fix what ever is making you want to see the desktop site version on the phone if it isn't to do with the editor itself.
Could you please describe the issues you have with the normal mobile view?

I will try using the mobile phone directly, on both Chrome and Opera Mini and see whether I will experience the issues. Will surely let you know!

I love my pets.
Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

Another concern that I'd like to raise since I'm using my phone is that the options to italicize, bold or make the font size bigger or smaller are not present.

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Rai.S. wrote:
the options to italicize, bold or make the font size bigger or smaller are not present.

Dean wrote:
The editor we're using for desktops/laptops doesn't typically work on the phones. It ends up behaving differently based on what software keyboard you have installed. The default samsung keyboard would work but the google,swiftkey,etc would not on android so we took the decision to reduce the functionality on mobiles in this case. We intend to revisit this in the future though.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

Looking forward that you would address this in the future as most people nowadays opt for the 'handy' options. Thank you.

Posted 
    Feedback