French, Spanish
Other English, Italian, Portuguese

Et puis merci du compliment pour le bébé!:blush:

Posted

Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationCA
Native
French, Spanish

C’est difficile l’hiver pour les bébés à cause du manteau. C’est très encombrant dans le siège d’auto. Mon premier garçon est né au printemps et je n’avais pas eu à vivre ça mais cette année ci, oui et je compatis avec ces parents.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Disculpa por la tardanza, aver..

Muchacho = muchachote

Pelota = pelotazo

Pelicula = peliculon

Grande = grandote

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Tout va bien par ici! Et par là-bas? Tu est de Saint-Domingue si je me fie à ton profil? Mon mari vient de Villa Vasquez.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Caroline, je suis certaine que tu seras bien l’hiver, en France. Il est tellement plus facile de contrôler le froid que la chaleur. Assure toi que ta tête et ton cou soient couverts, gants et puis bottes. Ici, à Montréal, l’hiver dernier a fait environ -40C avec le facteur vent. Je suis peut-etre née ici mais c’est quand même une adaptation à chaque fois. Nous avons les quatres saisons et elles sont assez prononcées. Cet été, il a fait 35C avec le facteur d’humidité et c’est pas encore fini:sunglasses:. J’ai un poupon qui est né en décembre et j’ai eu quelques difficultés avec lui cet été.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

I thought it would be cooler if i could list the name of the dishes so you guys can look up on that. My husband is from Dominican Republic and i had to learn how to cook. Thanks God I had access to internet. Everything very very yummy. First dish my husband (well boyfriend at that time) was mangu with fried eggs, divine!! And then when i discovered queso frito, oh my!! And so.. its been 10 years now and still missing a few dishes i havent tried yet! :grin:

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Well, as a true french Canadian, i would say no its not only chips and gravy hehe. Cheese custards only can be found in Quebec! They go “squik squik” when you chew on them. They are made from cheddar but best alternative is mozzarella. So cheese is what makes poutine. Also, gravy needs to be 25% chicken 75% beef. Dark brown gravy. Theres alot of varieties tho. And for fries, please no strings. 1 to 1.5 in thick would be perfect.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Oh ok. Never visited Vancouver but would like too. Only thing ive heard, its expensive and theres several earthquake lol

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hi Aaron!

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hello Aileen!

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Welcome Frederick! I speak french and spanish if ever you'd like to chat. See you around.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Bienvenida Elsa! I speak french and spanish if ever you'd like to chat.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Peu à peu et beaucoup de patience. Ne te décourage surtout pas. Vas tu à l'école aussi?

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hello Elsa! How are you? My husband is from Villa Vasquez, DR.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

City of Montreal, province of Quebec. Have you visited?

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

I was born in Quebec, Canada. Main language here is french. Second is english, which is taught in school starting 1st grade. Spanish was the only spoken language at home, even now, hehe. I remember having "TV & Novelas" magazine and that's how i got to read and write spanish. I don't have an spanish accent tho, I actually have a "latino" accent. I remember my father watching tv news from Spain and barely could understand I do now. There's alot of latin community but almost none from Spain. My father was here over 35 years and lost his accent. But when latinos heard him, talk they could say he was from Spain.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Ohhh..very stupid from Spain to have forced to change your names. For the pronounciation in french, I guess it comes with time! And practice practice. My son who is 8 years old, attends school in french since 5, main language is spanish, still has difficulty with some words for some reason (that include the letter R). Even in spanish. 

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

c'est super, ton mari va beaucoup t'aider à converser en français. Oui, je crois que le portugais est un mélange d'espagnol et de français alors il me semblerait facile. Actuellement, je suis en congé de maternité, j'ai un beau garçon de 7 mois maintenant! Et toi? As tu déjà trouvé du boulot?

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hablo 3.. pero me gustaria aprendre 2 mas 

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hello and welcome! Is there lot's of "spanish" surnames in Philippines? I am fluent in french and know lots of people learning this language. Sure it's difficult like any new language you're learning. Can you give me an exemple of a word you seem to can't pronounce correctly? Maybe i can help you, who knows.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Hi! My name is Sabrina, Im a french Canadian. My parents are from Spain. I am fluent in french, english and spanish. I still live in Canada. French school here is mandatory starting kindergarden, we get english class as second language starting 2nd grade. Spanish was the only language at home and still is. I'd love to learn portuguese or italian, as I think it could be easy for me. In the meantime, feel free to chat with me in french, english or spanish.

Edited

Native
French, Spanish

Bienvenido Esteban! 

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

In greek : tikanis (how are you)

kala esi (good and you)

kala (good)

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Oui, c'est certainement différent. Il y a aussi plusieurs communautés. Ton mari est Français? Alors moi, je maîtrise l'espagnol à cause que ça l'a toujours été très typique chez moi et le français dès que j'avais 5 ans, l'école en français est obligatoire ici au Québec. L'anglais est la langue seconde ici et est enseignée dès le primaire. J'aimerais étudier l'italien ou bien le portugais mais pas encore la chance ici 

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Has anyone of you moved to another country? As a kid or as an adult? Married, with kids or single? The kind of adventurous "I sold everything and moved" or it was kind of planned (visited the country before, had relatives, job offers...).

Who you traveled with? Was it your first "trip" ?

My parents are from Spain and moved to Canada over 35 years ago, my father got an offer due to his career and simply agreed. We never went back. As my father said, we didn't really had anything left in Spain (no relatives).

Tell me about you, how hard was it to fit in? Would you go back to your country? Would you go elsewhere?

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

To be honest, i've stopped watching after Spain elimination. lol

We're (Montreal, Canada) apparently getting FIFA in 2026. can't wait !

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

I loved watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I was about 6-7 years old. The Cosby Show. Pink Panther movies were my favorite (with Peter Sellers, 1963). I was living in a province where french is first language, english second. We mostly had english channels at home. I've recently watched Audrey Hepburn (Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's) movies for the first time as well Marylin Monroe's and found out that the script was so much easier to follow (slower pace, prononciation) and would think it's a good way to learn. Whenever I watch a movie, I often use the subtitles for the following reasons: I've got kids and sometimes they get loud or they're at sleep, and I get to practice my reading. You know that reading makes you memorize (somehow) how to write the word after. That is how I got to write in spanish later, i loved reading TV & Novelas (tv magazine in spanish).

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

wow what a topic, difficult to pick one. and everything is so different from traditional, to homestyle, to authentic restaurant. impossible to try all of the dishes from a culture.

Canada : poutine!!

Greece : souvlaki, tzatiki, baklava, moussaka and spanakopita.

Mexico : almost everything except tamales (sorry really thought was gonna love it)

India : chicken tikka masala or pretty much everything tikka masala hehe also like their lentils soup, samosas and gulab jamun. Thailand : duh, pad thai.

Italia : mamma mia, everything. can't really list.

Spain : tortilla de patatas (yes, patatas! ), repollo rehogado, paella de carne.

Haiti : djon djon rice.

Dominican Republic : mangu, sancocho, mais caquiao.

Asian meals : only been to buffet and wish I could eat authentic food someday. And I really really wish, one day I could eat an authentic ramen soup just like Goku.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Chico= chiquillo o chiquito ? dependiendo del sentido de la palabra supongo

queso= quesito (ya que el quesillo es un tipo de queso)

casa= casita

cama= camita

coche= cochecito

carro= carrito

almohada= almohadilla

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

Bonjour Caroline, ou bien Carolina? je suis née à Montréal (la partie française du Canada) et je parle français couramment. Comment te traite la France? Je n'y ai jamais été mais c'est certainement différent que la Colombie.

Posted

Native
French, Spanish
Native
French, Spanish

interesting post, but didn't really get the CEFR chart.. how can we determine wether you're lower or upper basic and when do you get to lower intermediate...i think its hard to tell even if there is a chart. 

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

first one works all the time, its simply perfect and works with anything. of course you're not always thinking it's a good question but hey they don't know (ive worked in a call center several years)

Posted

Native
French, Spanish

I was born in Montreal, speak french fluently and would say spanish (and portuguese) sounds more beautiful to me. Portuguese sounds like they are singing all the time (due to their intonation). 

Posted

Feedback