HolaIsabel's recent posts

Posts38Likes31Joined28/1/2021LocationCO
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Portuguese

Bueno, podríamos de pronto trabajar en un nuevo diseño manteniendo los ideales que ustedes quieren expresar, como hacer un briefing y trabajar en conjunto...¿cuáles son los valores que quieren dar? algo moderno, minimalista o algo como amigable, alegre... cosas así... ¿qué tal fiel les gustaría seguir siendo a su imagen actual, los colores, la letra... etc...? Creo que si trabajamos varios podríamos hacer algo chévere 

Posted

I hope you have a nice day! Native: Spanish 🌺 

Native
Spanish

leosmith wrote:
For Spanish translations, there should be 2 dictionaries, priberam and dicio. What is your OS/browser?

Ohhhhh now I see, yep, it's working now, thank you

Posted

Native
Spanish

leosmith wrote:
HolaIsabel wrote:
when i click that book symbol it opens a pop up, that's why I wasn't finding the setting to change it...
I didn't understand your comment, because the settings gear is in a different location. Are you saying that the site is behaving different from the video?

When I click the dictionary symbol it opens a pop up with Priberam and it doesn't show any other dictionary options

Posted

Native
Spanish

leosmith wrote:
HolaIsabel wrote:
How can I choose the default dictionary among the options? and to make it open by default?
Please see this video.

Ohhh.... in portuguese when i click that book symbol it opens a pop up, that's why I wasn't finding the setting to change it... 

Posted

Native
Spanish

Totally agree with Stewart :) very needed

Posted

Native
Spanish

maybe in the leaderboard pop up, just to make it easier to access and view

Posted

Native
Spanish

Woow! I think the same as you about that people would love this platform if they get to know it, and i just opened a new topic about it because I didn't read this first ahahaha, I think youtubers are very expensive, the charge a looot actually... 

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hello :) I want to star this topic because I think I'm not the only one who thinks that Language Crush deserves more traffic and users from what it currently has. It is a very special tool, with very nice, welcoming, friendly and gently community and team and not less important it has a social impact in education.

So maybe we can create a campaing around some topics that would improve the platform and make it more appealing? 

Maybe thinking about when we got here the first time, what were our thoughts?

Some promotional videos, content, idk, i'm not really sure.... uhmmm with love i have to say that the front page isn't very apealing before I singed up, for example... 

what do you think? 

now I love this place, I dont know why it doesn't have more traffic.

Posted

Native
Spanish

How can I choose the default dictionary among the options? and to make it open by default?

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hi, this is not something horrible haha I just wanted to point out that when I look up words in the vocabulary window some of them have the tranlastion twice, however if i click on the word It just appears once. I don't why does it happen It's just strange hehehe

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hey that's so nice. I've always thought that learning an ability as a child is easier than when you're an adult. I'm 21 so I'm not worry about that haha my brain is pretty young but I think this study is very nice and encouraging 🌷

Posted

Native
Spanish

I like pagination but it would be nice if pages were smaller, jut with a paragraph or two sentences per page, that's what i ment hehehe maybe this big:

An indicator for romance languages could be the line breaks (saltos de línea in spanish)

Posted

Native
Spanish

I think this is a very interesing topic. I guess, the ability of making the student feel comfortable is key.

Posted

Native
Spanish

Spanish, Colombia

Formal : "Vamos que tu puedes"

What I say : "Ale papii/mamuuu" depends on the genre hahahaha very slangy

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hi! I started my studies in English on January 2017. 

Currently I can say I'm a B2, I'm satisfied with my listening and reading skills. However, I struggle a little when speaking about complex things and writings is soo hard. I really want to push my English to and advance level, speak more "native" not bc of the accent but about the words and expressions. I don't care about accents. 

March 25th, 2021

Now I maintain my level using English everyday almost 8hrs/day. I read, listen and watch a lot of material in English, I don't study it very often.

1. I like Assimil "perfecionamiento" series, i'm using it but not as often as i would like to. 

I'm gonna search for some videos and tips about getting to C1 in English :), 

Thank you for stoping by, see you soon.

Posted

Native
Spanish

Welcome to a looong journey. 

March 25th, 2021

Currently I'm a A2. My native language is Spanish (not that bad he?)

I've just trying some methods for learning but it's hard to stick to something, I have some ideas, let's see how it goes. 

Currently I'm

1. Watching: Vou Aprender Português - YouTube 
  2. Listening: READ BOOKS IN BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE WITH ME (fwbp-academy.com)

No more xd. 

Thanks for stoping by, see you soon.

Posted

Native
Spanish

Oh yeah yeah I mean, a mode that displays one sentence at a time. 

Posted

Native
Spanish

Now that we have the text displayed in differente pages I guess it could be taken further and add "sentece mode" view. It is nice to focus on one part at a time when is the first time you are studying a passage. What to you think? 😄

Posted

Native
Spanish

I love this dictio for portuguese: Dicio - Dicionário Online de Português https://www.dicio.com.br/ 

Posted

Native
Spanish

OKay sure no problem, thank you for the response :)

Posted

Native
Spanish

This is just a short thing but the very last part of the audio is not in the script hehe

Posted

Native
Spanish

oh, thank you for the suggestion :) I'll try some day :)

Posted

Native
Spanish

Uh, in Colombia we have some stereotypes when referring to an accent. I don't think (from my perspective) that it is related to a good or bad Spanish. As Spanish is spoken in so many countries we don't have that approach. However, we do critize people and tend to label them based on their accent. "Paisa" girls are stupid. "Costeños" are vulgar, "cachacos" are pretentious, and so on. All of this regionalism has a big connotation when it comes to accents. Just when you speak already people start making a opinion about how are you based on a what accent do you have.

Posted

Native
Spanish

I'm just in love with chinese culture. 

Also I think it has been attacked for so many years and it's really underrated (in my country).

Posted

Native
Spanish

When you have a more advance level I'd recommend Assimil. But not for total beginners. It has notes about "cultural" situations pretty light and I like it. Just take it with calm because it could be a little overwhelming at first glance. I love that the audios has different accents. I use their "perfeccionamiento" series.

Posted

Native
Spanish

In Colombia we study Spanish grammar in schools too. Actually I guess it is important. May be we know how to "write", i mean the alphabet. But we can't write an essay or something like that. Our literacy is not that good. We are trying to improve that with education (also, I don't know how to write in English hehehe).

Posted

Native
Spanish

Muito legal e obrigada pela informacao. Eu só sabia que mudaba o sotaque com a regiao. Vou pesquicar mais sobre o que você falou

Claramente nós tambem temos isso no espanhol kkk com tudos os paises!

Bom dia

Posted

Native
Spanish

Yeah! It is fixed now, thank you  

Posted

Native
Spanish

Here's the link and I attached the script :) 

https://youtu.be/rOWkp2xK7do

Posted

Native
Spanish

The audio is broken, it appears as it has an audio but i cannot reproduce it 😢😢

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hi, English is not my native language so sorry for the mistakes...

Well, my issue is that when I import a video from youtube I cannot edit it's content. I try uploading a video where the creators also give the script separetly in their web page. So I tried importing the video and then changing the subtitles (that were wrong because they were made by youtube) into the script that was available in the page. I copy and paste and replace the subtitles from youtube. I clicked "saved and open" but when it opens nothing change. I was trying also to put the passage into a course and do not change either... I tried like three times.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or i'm doing something wrong, 

thanks.

Posted

Native
Spanish

Hey everybody! 😋

I just did a really short code using Dean Carroll's code. This is not a dark mode, this just changes the colors from the color coding system as you requested. I know you posted it 10 months ago jejeje but I'm a little new in the platform and I want to contribute... I saw no problems with the Dean's solution so I hope this works. 

You can find the theme where, you have to install the same chrome extension Dean named:

Website Themes & Skins by Stylish | Userstyles.org

https://userstyles.org/styles/197997/oplingo-softer-color-coding

I couldn't add a preview screenshot in the page but here you have it :)

Edited

Native
Spanish

Muy buenas tardes a todas y todos, 

me disculparan si esta pregunta ya se encuentra respondida en algun lado, lamentablemente no lo pude encontrar. He visto que debajo de mi foto de perfil (y de la de todos) aparece un "nivel" "level". ¿Este a que hace referencia? ¿y en que se diferencia de los "badges"?

Posted

Native
Spanish

What about letting people create original content for the platform and giving them a reward? For instance, a month with premium account per storie or something like that? I know this post was made one year ago 😂 but I wanted to share an option jejeje 😋

Posted

Native
Spanish

I'm sorry am a little lost with this things, but i don't understand the little arrows that now appear next to the lines... i click it but it does not do anything, it just works with long passages?

Edited

Native
Spanish

Would be inmoral import and publish LingQ mini stories in this platform? I guess I can upload them just for my personal use but I don't know if it would be wrong to public them to everyone... What do you think?... I saw the politics of uploading content but I don't know so much about this topic so I am not sure. 

Posted

Native
Spanish

What's the meaning of the OP in OPLingo? (I'm sorry if you already metion it I haven't found the explanation, also, English is not my native language so i don't know if it is a "thing" in English jejeje

Posted

Native
Spanish

Dean.Carroll. wrote:
If you use chrome you can use a browser extension called 'stylish' . I made a very quick and hacky dark mode override here:
https://userstyles.org/styles/182540/language-tools-dark-mode
Feel free to use it as the base or I'll pick it up again later, there's a beige mod someone else has made for the reading tool there too.
It goes without saying that none of these are going to be officially supported. I don't mind maintaining / enhancing the dark mode one if people want to use it though.

I'm not sure but i guess beacuse they changed their name it is not working anymore, i really want to change the colors of the page, any suggestions?

Posted

Feedback