Mother's Day

Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Today December 8th, we celebrate mother's day in my country Panama. This special day varies per country. In my country is this date because this is the day of immaculate conception virgin. I also know that this day is celebrated on different days around the world.    

In my country they will serenade mom with songs and take her eat somewhere special. It is a day for family reunions and lots of presents for moms.

Can you share with me when do you celebrate mother's day and which are the traditions in your countries?

-Ari-

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Happy mother's day Ari!! We celebrate mother's day the second sunday of may (I don't know why)... I always try to give an orchid or bromelia to my mom and smething sweet :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Happy mother's day to you all there Ari! I miss my mother, she already passed away. I usually buy her special little gifts. 

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

Happy mother's day to you and your mom Ari. Right. I remember mother's day celebration of Saudi Arabia and the Philippines are different. In Saudi, it's like an ordinary day, but here in the Philippines, we go out on a date every Mother's Day. :)

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Thanks to you all. I now celebrate mother's day the second Sunday of May as they do in the US, because of my kids and husband. But I make sure I call my mom or send her something. This day is also my grandmother's birthday, she turned 99 years old this day so as you all can imagine yesterday was such a blessing and a big celebration.

-Ari-

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

Wow, happy birthday as well to your grandmother, Ari. :)

Posted 
    Feedback