Feedback Requested for New App

Posts1665Likes1104Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning Italian
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

mahum.tofiq.6 wrote:
I am just starting out with this app/site and the only thing i see lacking is the ability to import passages via one click.
I'll discuss this with the tech team.

Learning Italian every day!

Posted 
Posts1Likes0Joined11/3/2023LocationBR
Native
English, Portuguese
Learning Russian

So far, I'm enjoying using the app. Super convenient.

One feature that I think is missing is a "night theme" both for the app and the site.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Tesse wrote:
One feature that I think is missing is a "night theme" both for the app and the site.
Hi Tesse. That was discussed here.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian

leosmith wrote:
Joseph.Adams wrote:
The Playlist on the Android App is not working for me.
Sorry about that. Ticket written.
We think this is fixed - can you please confirm?

Posted 
Posts7Likes3Joined15/10/2023LocationTW
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Chinese - other

leosmith wrote:
leosmith wrote:
Joseph.Adams wrote:
The Playlist on the Android App is not working for me.
Sorry about that. Ticket written.
We think this is fixed - can you please confirm?

I just tried it out and all my tracks are working! Thank you!

馮芮珂

Posted 
Posts6Likes1Joined10/2/2024LocationGB
Native
English
Learning French, Irish, Greek - Modern, Spanish

It isn't working with my new Boox Air 2 android device which would have been great for e-ink reading.

On my old tab3, it is portrait and so doesn't work with my keyboard and I can't go left and right an press k for known like on my desktop.

Green is too dark to be seen on the web version so i can't use "learning" at all.

X doesn't make a word ignored.

Arrow keys don't move to the next word.

I can't play a sentence with audio. I don't see a TTS option (004 Greek language passage).

Highlighting a word blocks the page buttons on the bottom on a small screen (good that it doesn't on a big screen).

Please add shortcuts for navigation based on a modifier key (shift etc.) and another key. 

Positives: I can play a youtube video.

I'd want to import books. Is this possible?

The things above are what I'd like to allow me to read 1000s of words a day and a million a year. This would hep in the comprehensible input approach to learning. Please support that approach - it works. 

I don't know the other changes you made but the ones above are the ones I'd like most please.

This could be a fabulous app and attract many people; get behind the comprehensible input approach.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Italian

Ok, I added this to your other list, and we will discuss them. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian

BrianLearnsGreek.Birch wrote:
X doesn't make a word ignored.
Is this a shortcut suggestion?
wrote:
Arrow keys don't move to the next word.
Arrow keys on the phone? They change page.
wrote:
I can't play a sentence with audio. I don't see a TTS option (004 Greek language passage).
Works for me. TTS is under the 3 dots (reading preferences).
wrote:
Highlighting a word blocks the page buttons on the bottom on a small screen (good that it doesn't on a big screen).
We tried the pop-up definition in several locations, and everyone preferred this one. Just touch a blank area to clear it.
wrote:
Please add shortcuts for navigation based on a modifier key (shift etc.) and another key.
On the phone?
wrote:
I'd want to import books. Is this possible?
Yes. Convert them to text first, and make them private (if they are not public domain). The app will break them up into multiple passages if there is too much text.

Posted 
    Feedback