Done - Suggestion: Make Note Field Expandable

Posts11Likes10Joined5/5/2020LocationPT
Native
Portuguese
Learning French, Galician, Italian, Romanian, Spanish, Turkish

Hello,

I have the following suggestion:

Displaying the notes in a textarea element instead of an input element.

It would look like something in the attachment.

The reason being, it's easier to read longer notes. Also, by default it's possible to adjust the size of the box which is great for this purpose. The result shown in the attachment was achieved by replacing the input element with the textarea element, directly in the Dev Tools of the browser, just to showcase how it could potentially look like.

Cheers!

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

ricardo.aprende wrote:
Displaying the notes in a textarea element instead of an input element.
When you say "notes", do you mean "translations"? Because there is another field for notes lower down.

Either way, everyone is different, but I want short translations that pop-up when I mouse over. That way I can read without breaking my stride; I'm not expecting the translation to be exhaustive - just enough for me to get the gist. I select short definitions; if there are none, I create my own.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

For translations, I usually go with short definitions for the same reasons you described.

I meant the notes input box. I figured it could be used for adding a more in depth explanation to certain expressions and what not.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

ricardo.aprende wrote:
I meant the notes input box.
In that case, looking at your screenshot, I don't understand what would change. Do you mean you want the box to be expandable? Or located higher up?

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

My suggestion is to make the notes box expandable, in order to be able to read longer notes more easily.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

ricardo.aprende wrote:
My suggestion is to make the notes box expandable, in order to be able to read longer notes more easily.
ticket written.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

ricardo.aprende wrote:
Hi Ricardo - we have made the note field expandable; can you confirm?

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

Yes indeed, thank you so much!

Posted 
    Feedback