Posts13Likes6Joined10/1/2023LocationUS
Native
English
Learning French, German, Italian, Swahili

The first line says "Lela na hasani ni marafiki." Since hasani isn't capitalized, it does not look like a name, and the rollover translates it as "in particular." This make the first line total nonsense. The name Hasani needs to be capitalized.

Posted 
Posts1651Likes1099Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

It's not one of ours, but I fixed it since it was an easy one.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts13Likes6Joined10/1/2023LocationUS
Native
English
Learning French, German, Italian, Swahili

Another question: In the last sentence, what does the word "sisi" do? It seems like the sentence would make perfect sense without it, and "sisi" just confuses things.

Posted 
Posts1651Likes1099Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Alec.MacLean wrote:
Another question: In the last sentence, what does the word "sisi" do? It seems like the sentence would make perfect sense without it, and "sisi" just confuses things.
I agree that it's superfluous, but I'm not sure if it's grammatically incorrect. Notice that they say things like "Sisi tunatoka..." too. I'm sure this is grammatically correct, but sisi is not needed and usually dropped in colloquial speech.

In the Philippines now.

Edited 
    Feedback