Please Rate our App

Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

If you enjoy using our app, can you please review it here? Unfortunately, due to some strange, low reviews our overall rating is low. But the main issue is just a lack of normal reviews, so your input would be much appreciated.  

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I am on my laptop but I'll check it out and leave a review 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

I am on my laptop too, and I have applestore only.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined25/4/2021Location
Native
Chinese - Cantonese
Learning German

The text in mobile version is really huge it would be nice if there are different font size to choose. It's also not easy to scroll without touching the text, I was thinking of subscribe if this problem is being sorted out 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Joy.W wrote:
The text in mobile version is really huge it would be nice if there are different font size to choose. It's also not easy to scroll without touching the text, I was thinking of subscribe if this problem is being sorted out

Hi Joy. We will discuss about the font size. Regarding the scrolling - are you talking about scrolling vertically? The pages are long, and we scroll vertically on either edge of the phone. There is no interference with text this way. At the end of a page, we advance to the next page by touching the rh vertical edge.

Edited 
Posts55Likes44Joined26/12/2019LocationBE
Native
French
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, English, German, Japanese, Spanish

No smartphone, sorry.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

In the android play store there is one review by C. G. Kelley and it completely sums up my feelings. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kbt.languagetools.language_tools_app

Please fix the android app. I want to use it.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Philipp wrote:
In the android play store there is one review by C. G. Kelley and it completely sums up my feelings.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kbt.languagetools.language_tools_app
Please fix the android app. I want to use it.

We are going to redesign the app next month. As a workaround for the scrolling issue until then, you can scroll on either vertical edge. The design is to scroll to the bottom, then change pages by selecting the arrow heads. And to turn off a selected word, you can select a word further up on your screen.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

leosmith wrote:
We are going to redesign the app next month...

This is great to hear. I wish you good look and a successful outcome. I know it's hard work but the behavior of the reader on mobile is crucial for the app.

I will try the workaround as well.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/2/2020LocationCN
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Chinese - Cantonese

I always compare your site to LingQ. 

I study Mandarin and Cantonese. The ability to a) not have unnatural spaces between the words (there are no spaces in those languages) and b) easily link and unlink words are huge advantages over LingQ. 

However I have similar issues with the app. If you make it so NO downward scrolling is necessary at all, just go to the next 'page' that would make your app better than the competition in my opinion. 

Also, when browsing the library, get rid of all the flush-just show the title. Because currently it includes a picture and unknown/learning/known/total words. Together that means I can see only one item on my screen at a time. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

problemeliminator wrote:
If you make it so NO downward scrolling is necessary at all, just go to the next 'page' that would make your app better than the competition in my opinion.

That is our plan. In my defense, if you use the app as it was intended to be used (per the "work-around" above), scrolling/changing pages works fine. We are going to change it though because clearly it's not intuitive.

Regarding your other suggestion, we will try to implement it too. Thanks for your input! 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined22/8/2021Location

So we know the site is great, but what about the app? Any word on when the mobile appl will be usable? 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hulk.Hogan wrote:
So we know the site is great, but what about the app? Any word on when the mobile appl will be usable?

It is usable now. If you mean the new version, we are now shooting for September.

Posted 
    Feedback