Are there any new language that were invented in the last 10 years?

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

Do you know of any languages that were created recently in the last 10 years. Do you think that there will come a time when a new langue will come which will be spoken globally across the world.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationChicago, Illinois / US
Native
English
Other Indonesian, Spanish

Have you read much about Esperanto? I think that was the vision for it - a universal language that's super easy to learn. But it's definitely more than ten years old.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Do fantasy/fictional languages count (Like Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki or Valyrian)? I think that with globalization and technology there are more chances to develop a common language influenced by technology.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018LocationLisbon / PT
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Do fantasy/fictional languages count (Like Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki or Valyrian)? I think that with globalization and technology there are more chances to develop a common language influenced by technology.

For sure. There are many people who are into that. Obviously just to talk between them but it's always fun.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

There are literally hundreds of "constructed" languages that have been around less than 10 years, but "natural" languages are hundreds if not thousands of years old.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback