How many hours per week do you spend learning languages, on the average?

How many hours per week do you spend learning languages?

12.5%

62.5%

0%

0%

25%

0%

0%

This poll will run forever.

Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

It takes a long time to learn a language to a high level; hundreds or even thousands of hours. To accomplish this faster, some people spend many hours per week. Note - I used "per week" here instead of "per day" because our schedules tend to vary a lot on a weekly basis, so I thought this would make it easier to calculate. Anyway, how many hours per week do you spend, and how long do you think it will take for you to reach your goal?

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/10/2018Location
Native
Chinese - Mandarin, English, Chinese - Cantonese
Other French, Indonesian, Russian, Thai, Vietnamese

1-5 hrs/week. Probably takes a lifetime to reach goals at this rate.

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Not as many hours as I want, because right now my schedule is pretty hectic, but I believe in the future I will.have more time to study.

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

I try my best to stick to 30mins-1 hr of solid study/review per day. Anything longer than that and it becomes a chore and I space out. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Mel.Palogan wrote:

I try my best to stick to 30mins-1 hr of solid study/review per day. Anything longer than that and it becomes a chore and I space out.

I feel the same... I like to learn something new in the morning and practice (speaking) during the day while no one is watching xD

Posted 
    Feedback