What's the scariest incident from your childhood days?

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

When I was a child, I'm really most scared of "Aswang" especially when all souls'day is about to come. Because of that I'm afraid to go out at night since our home is full of trees around and you cannot see the nearest neighbourhood.  

But there was this one night when my mom was sick and she really needed to take medicine, and I'm the only one at home with her because my bigger sisters are far away for schooling. I didn't have a choice then so I went out and bought her medicine. That night while walking in the long path going to the store was the scariest incident for me when I was child, because I imagined the moving trees as 'Aswang" or monsters who were about to swallow me whole. 

How about you, what's the scariest incident in your childhood days? 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

For me, most of the scary memories come from the Holy Week and mainly good Friday. The traditions in my country's rural towns is to recreate the death of Jesus and they would make it so dramatic and scary. Also on Good Friday there were old tales about that if you were loud something would happen or if you go to the river you would became a fish or if you climb a tree you would become a monkey and so on. The day was so quiet with no music no noise and a lot of church activities. 

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

I don't find Halloween really scary. But it's the programs in the television and the sound effects of it is what makes it scary, particularly in the program of Jessica Soho.  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Charlyn wrote:

I don't find Halloween really scary. But it's the programs in the television and the sound effects of it is what makes it scary, particularly in the program of Jessica Soho. :smiley:

I agree. It really adds up to to its intended purpose, and that is to scare people. I am also scared of movies and shows during holloween. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

When we were little, I shared a room with my older brothers.... One night they decided it was a good idea to prank me, they told me a story about a dead laborer that died during the construction of my house and was buried near the foundations (a lie). Then they recorded a tape saying "I'm the dead laborer" with a spooky voice and they played it while they were "sleeping", I think I've never runned as fast as that night -.-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationJonestown / US
Native
English
Learning Italian, Spanish

I don't remember details because I was extremely young. My family and I were over someones house to swim. I was in like a boat thing with another kid. The boat flipped over and I was too young to swim so I was drowning. It felt like forever until someone realized and jumped in to save me. 

Taylor Fabio

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationManila / PH
Other English, Japanese, Korean

There's a family event in a Resort and for fun, they had this "contest" of throwing a coin into the pool and whoever gets it wins a prize! I was around 6 or 7 that time and I was at my uncle's back since I don't know how to swim. When the coin was thrown into the water my uncle might have forgotten that I was at his back and he went to dive lol. I nearly drowned! I never learned how to swim and until now I get too afraid when I go underwater. 

mismei

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

When we were little, I shared a room with my older brothers.... One night they decided it was a good idea to prank me, they told me a story about a dead laborer that died during the construction of my house and was buried near the foundations (a lie). Then they recorded a tape saying "I'm the dead laborer" with a spooky voice and they played it while they were "sleeping", I think I've never runned as fast as that night -.-

That is really scary! :hushed::grimacing:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

TaylorFabio wrote:

I don't remember details because I was extremely young. My family and I were over someones house to swim. I was in like a boat thing with another kid. The boat flipped over and I was too young to swim so I was drowning. It felt like forever until someone realized and jumped in to save me.

I think I also have an incident a little like that, that is why I never really learned how to swim. I have fears of water, especially when the water level is already above me I usually panic. 

Edzky-18

Posted 

TaylorFabio wrote:

Scary!!! I also never learned how to swim because of a drowning incident when I was a child. But I still love being in the waters!! I just always wear a life vest whenever I'm in a boat. I would've loved to learn how to swim and dive but I can't.. I'm too scared to go underwater  

mismei

Posted 

Charlyn wrote:
I don't find Halloween really scary. But it's the programs in the television and the sound effects of it is what makes it scary, particularly in the program of Jessica Soho. :smiley:

And Magandang Gabi Bayan back in the days  

mismei

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

I had an accident trying to get to my brother across the road, was so happy to see him i didnt pay attention to cars around me. My mum was terrified!!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning French

TaylorFabio wrote:

Wow, can imagine how scared you must’ve been!!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

:joy::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted 
    Feedback