Request for more input - Add dictionaries to the reading tool

Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

chonccc wrote:
Is it possible to add https://glosbe.com/vi/en for vietnamese :smile:

Done

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
1
#61
Posts3Likes2Joined13/8/2021LocationBiebesheim / DE
Native
German
Learning Thai

For Thai - German this one is great:


https://www.clickthai-online.de/wbtde/woerterbuch.php


Posted 
1
#62
Posts43Likes27Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

Rainer.Weber wrote:
For Thai - German this one is great:
https://www.clickthai-online.de/wbtde/woerterbuch.php


Done

Posted 
0
#63
Posts3Likes2Joined13/8/2021LocationBiebesheim / DE
Native
German
Learning Thai

Great!!!! Thanks!!!!!!! :-)

Posted 
0
#64
Posts15Likes9Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

I need the English Wiktionary for Russian


https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/слово


It seems counterintuitive but it is my default and dare I say better than the russian Wiktionary. It has declension tables and everything for multiple slavic languages even.


_____

)|(OП/\

Edited 
1
#65
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Philipp wrote:
I need the English Wiktionary for Russian
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/слово

Added

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
1
#66
Posts15Likes9Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

leosmith wrote:
Philipp wrote:
I need the English Wiktionary for Russian
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/слово

Added


Thank you. Should I immediately be able to see it? So far it shows only the two old ones.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
0
#67
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Philipp wrote:
Thank you. Should I immediately be able to see it? So far it shows only the two old ones.
I can see it. What is your os/browser? (I can see 4 dictionaries for Russian)

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Edited 
0
#68
Posts15Likes9Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

leosmith wrote:
I can see it. What is your os/browser? (I can see 4 dictionaries for Russian)


Ahh I know what the problem is. In the reader settings I have set "show translations in" to german since thats my native language and I guess german<->russian has only the 2 dictionaries. If I change "show translations in" to english then I see all 4 dictionaries. 


I'm not sure what I was expecting I'm kind of used to using english dictionaries since I trust them more in terms of volume and accuracy. I manage my vocabulary in german<->russian though  


Personally I'd like to have the en.wiktionary.com available even when I have set "show translations in" to german but I would understand if that would not make sense to you.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
0
#69
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Philipp wrote:
Personally I'd like to have the en.wiktionary.com available even when I have set "show translations in" to german but I would understand if that would not make sense to you.

We will discuss this.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#70
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Philipp wrote:
Personally I'd like to have the en.wiktionary.com available even when I have set "show translations in" to german but I would understand if that would not make sense to you.

We talked about this, and decided not to implement it because it would be strange to have a Russian-English dictionary available for German definitions. Also, the user might forget and add English definitions instead of German which could affect others.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#71
Posts15Likes9Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

Hey coming back to this topic. For russian<->german the only dictionaries available are russian wiktionary and wordreference (which translates to english btw).

Could you please add these dictionaries that translate to actual german


https://de.langenscheidt.com/russisch-deutsch/слово


https://dict.leo.org/russisch-deutsch/слово


https://de.pons.com/%C3%BCbersetzung/russisch-deutsch/слово

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
1
#72
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Philipp wrote:
Hey coming back to this topic. For russian<->german the only dictionaries available are russian wiktionary and wordreference (which translates to english btw).
Could you please add these dictionaries that translate to actual german
https://de.langenscheidt.com/russisch-deutsch/слово
https://dict.leo.org/russisch-deutsch/слово
https://de.pons.com/%C3%BCbersetzung/russisch-deutsch/слово

Added!

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
1
#73
Posts15Likes9Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

It works. Thank you.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
0
#74
Posts1Likes1Joined1/6/2022LocationGB
Native
English
Learning French, Italian, Tagalog, Chinese - Cantonese

Hey, could you add wordreference for Italian please? Thanks 

Posted 
1
#75
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

jeeyeung wrote:
Hey, could you add wordreference for Italian please? Thanks

Done

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#77
Posts38Likes31Joined28/1/2021LocationCO
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Portuguese

How can I choose the default dictionary among the options? and to make it open by default?

I hope you have a nice day! Native: Spanish 🌺 

Posted 
0
#78
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

HolaIsabel wrote:
How can I choose the default dictionary among the options? and to make it open by default?
Please see this video.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#79
Posts38Likes31Joined28/1/2021LocationCO
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Portuguese

leosmith wrote:
HolaIsabel wrote:
How can I choose the default dictionary among the options? and to make it open by default?
Please see this video.

Ohhh.... in portuguese when i click that book symbol it opens a pop up, that's why I wasn't finding the setting to change it... 

I hope you have a nice day! Native: Spanish 🌺 

Posted 
0
#80
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

HolaIsabel wrote:
when i click that book symbol it opens a pop up, that's why I wasn't finding the setting to change it...
I didn't understand your comment, because the settings gear is in a different location. Are you saying that the site is behaving different from the video?

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#81
Posts38Likes31Joined28/1/2021LocationCO
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Portuguese

leosmith wrote:
HolaIsabel wrote:
when i click that book symbol it opens a pop up, that's why I wasn't finding the setting to change it...
I didn't understand your comment, because the settings gear is in a different location. Are you saying that the site is behaving different from the video?

When I click the dictionary symbol it opens a pop up with Priberam and it doesn't show any other dictionary options

I hope you have a nice day! Native: Spanish 🌺 

Posted 
0
#82
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

HolaIsabel wrote:
When I click the dictionary symbol it opens a pop up with Priberam and it doesn't show any other dictionary options
For Spanish translations, there should be 2 dictionaries, priberam and dicio. What is your OS/browser?

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#83
Posts38Likes31Joined28/1/2021LocationCO
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Portuguese

leosmith wrote:
For Spanish translations, there should be 2 dictionaries, priberam and dicio. What is your OS/browser?

Ohhhhh now I see, yep, it's working now, thank you

I hope you have a nice day! Native: Spanish 🌺 

Posted 
1
#84
Posts10Likes6Joined8/6/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Dutch, Vietnamese

Hello can you please add Glosbe for Dutch? Thank you!!

- bbyj

Posted 
1
#85
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

bbyj wrote:
Hello can you please add Glosbe for Dutch? Thank you!!
Added.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
0
#86
Posts7Likes2Joined18/10/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Swahili
Other Chinese - Mandarin, Hindi, Russian, Spanish, Thai

Could you add this to the translations for russian (or other languages as well)? 

ttps://cooljugator.com/ru


Posted 
0
#87
Posts1525Likes1019Joined18/3/2018LocationPattaya / TH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin
Other French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

DG.Gardner wrote:
Could you add this to the translations for russian (or other languages as well)? ttps://cooljugator.com/ru
This isn't a dictionary - it's a verb conjugator. A useful tool, but not compatible with our reading tool.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted 
1
#88
    Feedback