What if your spouse is foreign language speaker?

Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationlahore / PK

How will you tackle your wife if she is a foreign language speaker? What are your views? Will it hinder in your emotional bonding? Obviously you people will speak one language in which you might not have much expertise but you wont speak in your native languages. Looking for interesting answers :)

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Most women don't like to be tackled, literally or figuratively. What about the other way around? How will you communicate with your husband? Why did you marry him in the first place if you don't speak his language?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 

Love has no language and i have witnessed many examples in my life where guys got married to foreigners and had to either learn English or native language and the same goes for girls. If i put myself in such situation i will ask her to either speak English or learn my language :)

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

My husband's native language is English, mine Spanish. I knew some English when we met. I have a very thick accent. Being from two different backgrounds is challenging but not impossible. I think something that helped him to understand me better is that his mom is Korean and she has a thicker accent than me and less knowledge of the language English and he has been able to understand her his whole life.

-Ari-

Posted 

Wow that is great. Best wishes for you guys :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

imran.khalil0000 wrote:
How will you tackle your wife if she is a foreign language speaker? What are your views? Will it hinder in your emotional bonding? Obviously you people will speak one language in which you might not have much expertise but you wont speak in your native languages. Looking for interesting answers :)

My take on that... I think it'll be interesting with a mix of apprehension and excitement. I think it wouldn't hinder emotional bonding between couples since they got married because of that "emotional bond" they feel for each other, but for sure it'll affect their relationship when they're amidst an issue. Time will come when they'll find it difficult to get through to each other because of imprecise words/language used, making it difficult to communicate precisely. 

Posted 
    Feedback