What is your dream travel destination and why?

Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationLaguna / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English, Hindi, Japanese

Mine is Greece, Santorini!

Why?

The most dramatic of all the Greek islands, Santorini is best known for the cliff-top towns of Fira and Oia, which lie on the west coast, overlooking the deep, blue sea-filled caldera. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Oh god, I can't decide in just one! There are sooooo many things to see , I'm an Architect so I have a lot of places I want to visit, not only for the people but also for its history and architecture. So this is a difficult decision hehe. Maybe a quiet place far away from the cities (detox fantasy), like a cabin in some forest between mountains, Switzerland maybe? 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Oh god, I can't decide in just one! There are sooooo many things to see :dizzy_face:, I'm an Architect so I have a lot of places I want to visit, not only for the people but also for its history and architecture. So this is a difficult decision hehe. Maybe a quiet place far away from the cities (detox fantasy), like a cabin in some forest between mountains, Switzerland maybe?

Oh you're an Architect, that so great.

You must have really good drafts and plans for sure.

Hopefully, Philippines will be one from your list in the future. :) 

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

VeePerez24 wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Oh god, I can't decide in just one! There are sooooo many things to see :dizzy_face:, I'm an Architect so I have a lot of places I want to visit, not only for the people but also for its history and architecture. So this is a difficult decision hehe. Maybe a quiet place far away from the cities (detox fantasy), like a cabin in some forest between mountains, Switzerland maybe?

You should recommend some sites to visit in Philippines!  

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

My favorite spot in the Philippines:

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

amazing...

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

leosmith wrote:

Looks like a good place to relax!

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

I would love to visit Hawaii

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

New Zealand and/or Australia. I love their accent and the landscape, nature. I love how remote it is and I believe it has a totally different feeling and intention than the rest of the world. I also admire many artists/musicians that emerge from there now gaining more and more international recognition. Like Tash Sultana and Opal Ocean. 

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Spanish

Japan. This is the country that I think is for me and my little family. On my part, I love how humble, industrious and well-mannered Japanese people are. I guess this is what endears me most to the country. My husband, likewise, loves Japan for its people (he even dreamt of marrying a Japanese woman when he was younger hahaha) and for one more thing - anime. He is planning to learn Nihonggo so if he gets lucky and travels to Japan, he can understand the people straight away. I would also love for my children to adopt the Japanese attitude. Efficient, well-mannered, family-oriented, creative - these are the characteristics that I think will come handy for the future generation. It would be nice to impart these to them as early as now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

Mine is USA, i’ve never travelled outside my country. If i could travel around the world and get paid while doing that, i’d be living my dream.:slightly_smiling_face:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

This looks beautiful 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other French, Spanish

I'd love to visit Morocco because of its night markets, food, and beautiful sand dunes. A little north would be Spain, it would be nice seeing century-old churches, plazas, and of course the experience first hand the Spanish language.  

Aleks

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

leosmith wrote:

Wow! Never been here. Where's this place Leo?

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

jfarrah wrote:
leosmith wrote:

I was about to ask the same question, is it in Palawan? Or somewhere in Batangas?

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:
Mine is USA, i’ve never travelled outside my country. If i could travel around the world and get paid while doing that, i’d be living my dream.:slightly_smiling_face:

Getting paid while traveling will the best thing this world. :D I love that.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
VeePerez24 wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:

You should recommend some sites to visit in Philippines! :hushed:

I will surely recommend Coron, Palawan and Aklan, Boracay for you. Boracay is similar (close to) to Maldives. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Travel vlogging :P :) 

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Chill wrote:
family-oriented

The men are work-oriented, hobby-oriented and family-oriented, in that order. It's a tough culture to fit into, unless you're Japanese.

jfarrah wrote:

Blue star dive resort, Anda, Bohol.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Native
English, Spanish

seaside resorts make great holiday destinations

Posted 
    Feedback